Freemasonry is a society of men concerned with moral and spiritual values. Its members are taught its precepts by a series of ritual dramas, which follow ancient forms and use stonemasons’ customs and tools as allegorical guides. The fundamental ritual consists of a drama of building of King Solomon’s Temple, and the fate of its master architect. Using this allegory, moral lessons are taught. Since the story concerns building of a temple, Masonic rituals are replete with the tools of masons like level, plumb-rule, square, compasses and so on.
Freemasonry is not a religion. Freemasonry is a brotherhood, and the basic premise for the brotherhood of men is the fatherhood of God. It is a platform where followers of all religions unite out of their own free will and accord to be brothers. A Bond so strong and disciplined filled with strong obligations which bind the person unto his death to be upright in all his actions towards the society, his family, his friends and his brothers.
For many years Freemasons have followed three great principles: Brotherly Love, Relief and Truth. The members of this organization communicate through signs, symbols and passwords which are universally the same.
A mason is a Man who is involved in the work of stone and building. Its traditions date back to the Middle Ages and to the stonemasons who built the cathedrals and castles of Europe. To construct them, it was necessary for men to have considerable knowledge of geometry, arithmetic and engineering. These highly skilled masons formed themselves into lodges to protect the skills and secrets of their trade and to pass their knowledge on to worthy apprentices. Importantly, these men were not bondsmen, hence the word “free” in Freemason.
EMINENT MASONS OF THE WORLD:
1. GEORGE WASHINGTON
2. WINSTON CHURCHILL
3. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
7. MOTILAL NEHRU
8. SWAMI VIVEKANAND
9. EDWIN W. ALDRIN (The first astronaut to land on the moon)
10. SIR ARTHRU CONAN DOYLE
11. SHERLOCK HOLMES
12. EDWARD VII (KING OF ENGLAND)
13. GEORGE VI (KING OF ENGLAND)
14. SIR HENRY FORD
15. KING C GILLETE
16. RUDYARD KIPLING
EMINENT MASONS OF INDIA:
1. President Dr. Rajendra Prasad
2. President Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
3. President Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed
1. Dr C Gopalachari 1st Governor General Of India
2. Dr. P.V. Cherian – Governor of Maharashtra.
INDUSTRIALSTS OF INDIA:
1. Sir Dorabji Jamshedji Tata – Industrialist.
2. J.R.D. Tata – Chairman of the House of Tatas,
3. Goculdas Narottam Morarjee – Owner of the Morarjee Goculdas Spinning Mills.
4. Ebrahim Currimbhoy – Mill Owner.
5. Ramesh Mafatlal – Mafatlal Industries
6. Dr Gaur Hari Singhania – Singhania Industries
7. Rai Bahadur Kundan Lal – Dalmia Industries
8. Dwarkadas Narainji – Merchant Prince.
9. T.G. Khaitan – Mill Owner.
10. Sir Purushotamdas Thakurdas. Industrialist – Cotton magnate of Mumbai
11. G. L. Raheja. Well known Builder
12. Ardaseer Cursetjee Wadia
13. V N Sharma, Vaidyanath Ayurvedic.
1. W.C. Bannerjee – A founder member of the Indian National Congress.
2. Pandit Motilal Nehru – Freedom fighter and father of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru,
3. Dr. B.G. Kher – First Chief Minister of Bombay State after Independence.
4. Sir Sayyad Ahmad Khan Dahlavi – President of the Bombay Legislative Assembly.
5. DADABHAI NAOROJI
6. RASH BEHARI GHOSH
7. Sir. Phirozeshah Mehta :-
LEGAL LUMINAIRES OF INDIA:
1. Justice D.P. Madon
2. Justice Prakash Narain.
3. Justice P.N.Khanna
4. Justice G Ramanujam
5. Justice S.S.Ali
6. Justice R Bhattacharya
7. Justice V Ramaswamy
8. Justice S Natarajan
9. Chief Justice A.B.Saharya
10. Justice S Padmanabhan
11. Justice V Ratnam
12. Justice B.S.Sinha
13. Chief Justice Devinder Gupta
14. Justice U Sinha
15. Justice A. R. Lakshmanan (S.C.)
16. Justice S Jagadeesan
17. Justice K Veeraswami
18. Justice T Ramprasad Rao
19. Justice N. S. Ramaswamy
20. Chief Justice R N Mittal
21. Chief Justice D S Sinha
22. Justice S K Mahajan
23. Justice D D Sood
24. Sir Justice N.G. Chandavarkar
PERSONALITIES OF INDIA:
1. Swami Vivekananda – Philosopher and theologian known all over the world.